15 May 2009

Jejak Kasih - Zauri Part 1

The segment I am proposing here is news updates of each of our members, the Thoroughbred of 1974-1978. What's more fitting than to start with my own.

After MCE 1978, I entered Lower Six SMKDerma. With me, I could only recall Norridzwan (he was my daily pillion rider on my Honda C70 RA1646) and Aishanuddin. This was the requirement of PSD and MARA scholarship holders before departing to their respective colleges overseas.

September 1979, I and a group of about 200 students began a 12 hour flight from Subang Airport to London Heathrow Airport. Upon arrival (about 4.00pm local time), we were greeted by the brothers and sisters (seniors) and taken to Malaysia Hall at Bryanston Square, London. The cold wind of Autumn blew on my face. Man! it was very cold for me who had only Malaysian Blazer to protect me from the unpredictable English weather. How am I going to survive winter? I had a really rough night battling with the cold creeping into my room at one of the Bed & Breakfast Hotel in Sussex Gardens. I need to have enough sleep because I was told by the seniors that tomorrow, my group will be travelling for 6 hours on a chartered bus straight to Bangor, North Wales. Trying to visualise what Bangor would be like after reading it in my father's encyclopedia (dated 1968) made it easier for me to doze off. To be continued...


To all my fellow Batch Members, I am happy to accept your stories through email. Please send it to mzauri@pc.jaring.my with the title "Jejak Kasih" and I will post it on this website.

1 comment:

acanov said...

Zauri, by the time you all fly to UK in Sept 79, me and geng dekat UTM was in the verge of sitting our 1st Semester exams. With me at UTM was Nor Hisham Hassan, Fauzi Dino (both Architecture), Hamdan Mohd, Hafizah, Khamsiah (Electrical Eng), Ngoo Choo Seng (Land Survey), Ahmad Akhyar & Mahzan (both Civil Eng). At UTM I was quite close with Hamdan & Akhyar. I used to squat at their rooms in between classes, sebab dia orang 1st intake dapat asrama kat dalam kampus. Aku 3rd intake kena duduk kat Kolej Kedua di Kampung Baru. Before masuk UTM, aku sempat Lower 6 kat MCKK. My classmate di MCKK was the ex-Derma jutawan Azizi Ali. At UTM, Hisham Hassan was the same faculty with me and our studios are at adjacent buildings.
bersambung...
... bila nak sambung cerita kau ni...?

lagu-lagu top 1974-78